We went to Jakarta – Bandung as part of our recce trip for our two upcoming group in august (40 pax) and September(60 pax).
Our flight is around 8am and we took Garuda Airlines to Jakarta. Arrived Jakarta around 930am and start our journey to Bandung afterwards. We were unlucky we guess since the road is quite macet that day (most people perform friday prayer at the RnR hence the macet). Had our lunch at one of the “RNR” and perform solat there. We arrive Bandung around 5pm and went straight to watch Saung Angklung show at udjo.
Below is our simplified itinerary for our recce trip.
- Arrived Jakarta airport
- Lunch at RnR
- Watch Saung Angklung Udjo – For first timer (or if you haven’t been here yet) you should consider this show. I was skeptical at first too but I left the place with a memorable experience 🙂
- Visit Trans studio
- Dinner at Praoe Seafood Restaurant
- Check in at Sukajadi Hotel – The hotel was nice. Karaoke and spa is within walking distance. PVJ mall is around 10-15 minutes walking distance. The room was ok. Standard room and the wifi is fine.
- Visit Tangkuban Perahu – Bandung icon. The entrance fee for Tangkuban has rise from 75k to 300k nowadays. But I still prefer Tangkuban rather than Kawah Putih.
- Visit Floating Market Lembang – They sell lots of street food here. Oh by the way, you need to use the coins provided by them for transaction here. Meaning, you need to change your rupiah at the coin exchange center in this area.
- Lunch at Dusun Bambu – Another choice of restaurant besides Kampung Daun. We like the dining atmosphere here. The concept is nice and after your meal, you can walk around this area and have lots of selfie, wefie session.
- Shop at Rumah Mode – Our favourite shopping place :p
- Shop at Jalan Dago
- Visit Paris Van Java Mall
- Dinner at one of the restaurant in PVJ
- Check in at Naval – The hotel is nearby Sukajadi Hotel. The location is as good as Sukajadi but the breakfast and room are mediocre. Good for economical traveler tho.
- Visit Kampung Gajah – Think of A famosa resort. Yeah, not worth it.
- Lunch at Kampung Daun – The most famous dining place in Bandung
- Shop at Pasar Baru – Most of the groups we bring want to visit this place at least twice.
- Dinner at Sierra – Overlooking Bandung city and it is cold at night.
- Check in at Serella Cihampelas – We have chosen this hotel for our groups since the location is good. Close to shopping mall (Cihampelas Walk) and many shops at Cihampelas road. Your night will be occupied with nearby Karaoke, club and massage spot. The breakfast have so many choices and the food serve are delicious. The room is clean and the staff is super friendly. The only thing we don’t like about the hotel is there is no smoking room :p
- Visit Kawah Putih (3 hours journey and we honestly think that its not worth it)
- Lunch at Sindang Reret
- Dinner at Warung Misbar
- Check in at Ibis Style hotel – This hotel is actually our favorite hotel. The room concept is so young and chic. The breakfast spread is quite normal but the food and coffee served is good! Just because of the location, we didn’t select this hotel (yet) for our group. There are not much place of interest nearby. But we’re definitely going to stay here again for our next visit to bandung.
- Breakfast at the hotel. There are not much food but the food served are quality food.
- Visit Cihampelas Walk
- Went to Kartika Sari
- Went to Jalan Dago Factory outlet
- Depart to Jakarta Via Cipularang highway
- Dinner at Sederhana restaurant. Padang food
- Check in at Le Grandeur Mangga Dua
- Breakfast at Mangga dua A&W
- Shop at ITC Mangga Dua
- Lunch at Padang baru resto
- Continue shopping at ITC Mangga Dua
- Depart to Jakarta Airport
For more pictures, please visit our facebook photo album here